Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pelukis Malaysia ternama- Dato Ibrahim Hussein (1936 - 2009)

"To me, painting is like praying. When I paint, I am dealing with my heart, my work and God. There is deep joy and gratitude. Each piece frames a moment in my life". ~Dato Ibrahim Hussein



His name is synonymous with modern art of Malaysia.

The owner of the Ibrahim Hussein Museum And Culture Foundation in Kuah, Langkawi, Kedah, he was the founder of the Langkawi International Festival Of Art.

Ibrahim was the younger brother of literary giants Datuk Abdullah Hussein and Tan Sri Ismail Hussein.

Born on March 13, 1936 in Yan, Kedah, he received his early education in Singapore's Nanyang Arts Academy, and London's Byam Shaw School of Drawing and Printing and the Royal Academy.

 My Father and astronaut

Cambodia 1998

Ale-ale 1996
Genting 1978

3 comments: